CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE CHURCH PREMISES
1. For one-off events, the agreed fee for the use of the accommodation must be paid in advance of the hiringtogether with a deposit of £100, the deposit part of which will be refunded after seven days minimum of the eventdate unless there has been any damage to the accommodation or the church’s furniture and equipment for which theuser is responsible. In such cases the church shall be entitled to retain the whole or part of the deposit as security for the cost of rectifying such damage. Deposit may also be retained if events end significantly late, or give rise to complaints about anti-social behaviour. For regular events, the deposit applicable above is £50, including loan of key(s) for access. In this case, deposit is kept while the user lends the key(s), and rent is normally paid in advance. Loss or non-return of keys at end of regular-event agreements also leads to forfeit of deposit.
2. The church retains control, possession and management of the accommodation and the user has no right toexclude the church from the premises during events.
3. The User is responsible for all damage (other than fair wear and tear) to the accommodation or any of the church’s fixtures and fittings or equipment which is occasioned in whatever way by the use of the accommodation.
4. The accommodation may only be used by the named organisation and for the purpose shown during the period indicated on the application form submitted to the church. Therefore any advertising must bear the name of the organisation as stated on the application form.
5. The church may be entitled at any time on giving reasonable notice to the User require the User to transfer if possible to alternative or comparable space and accommodation elsewhere within the building.
6. After the use of the accommodation it must be left in a clean and tidy condition with all furniture and equipment left in the same position as at the commencement of the hiring and the hirer must ensure that all lights are turned out and all doors and windows properly secured.
7. The User must ensure that during the use of the accommodation that no person smokes inside and that no alcohol is supplied or consumed on site.
8. The User must not leave in the accommodation any equipment, furniture or articles of any kind unless by prior written agreement from the church who reserve the right to charge a separate fee for the provision of any such specified and agreed storage facilities.
9. The User agrees that the church accepts no responsibility for injury or loss to person or property arising out of the use of the accommodation apart from such injury or loss which arises from the church’s responsibility for the general maintenance of the accommodation and the User will keep the church indemnified against any claims for which the church is not responsible. Organisations are responsible for arranging their own insurance to cover unusual public liabilities arising from their activities.
10. The User has a responsibility to notify the church of any defect in the accommodation or in any of the church’s furniture or other equipment in the accommodation.
11. (Intentionally left blank)
12. Where premises are to be used by children, the User agrees to comply with the Government’s guidelines.
13. The church may terminate this agreement immediately at any time if there is a breach of these conditions by the User. In any case, all lettings are at the discretion of the church Diaconate, who does not approve gambling events or ceremonial events or public/ticketed events except by special arrangement. Facilities are not normally available on
Sundays or Bank Holidays. All events must finish by 10 p.m.
14. Facilities – Arthur Moore Hall: Rent – £12.00 per hour. Access is from Alexander Road – seating capacity 100. Glyn Edwards Hall: Rent – £12.50 per hour. Access is from Yardley Road – seating capacity 60. Sanctuary: Rent – on request. Access is from Yardley Road – seating capacity 200. Glyn Edwards schoolroom: Rent – £8.00 per hour – seating capacity 15. Arthur Moore Lounge: Rent – £5.50 per hour. Arthur Moore kitchen: Rent – £3.00 per session. Glyn Edwards kitchen: Only available by prior arrangement with coffee shop catering staff.